Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hearts Are Full


Happy Tuesday!
Where did my 1st Monday of December go!? I was a nurse yesterday, that's where it went :) Thankful I can be a stay at home mama and take care of my two big guys! Matt & Harrison were both down for the count...praying that the rest of December is germ free.

1010- Thankful to have read "The Best Yes" on Wednesday. The part I read was discussing making time for relationships. Not being so task oriented, but people oriented. I love reading. I try so so so hard to apply new things to my life and heart but wow, hard! But that night... mission accomplished!
1011-Thankful for our kitchen table. {If tables could talk huh!?} Wednesday night, while others were gathered for a prayer meeting, we had a mighty powerful discussion. Beautiful to open the bible, be able to discuss different views, and then hear God's view. I am not normally a sit and talk for 4 hours type of gal, especially at night.... yaaawwwnn... but it was beautiful and real and boy, do I love real!

1012-Thankful to have had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
1013-Thankful for 11 smiling, happy hearts sitting around one big table.
That table is proof for the faint of heart- God is Good. Always. No matter what. Even in the pain. Even in the dark. He was there. Of course it's way easier to say it now, than it was 5 years ago in the middle of the darkest times... He brought a real life miracle- to have Dustin at our table for the 2nd Thanksgiving in a row, miracle.  To have friends from afar, living close by, reconnected only by God's goodness. To have a new best friend for my mom...Hearts are full...
1014-Thankful to have our kids share their love with the less fortunate.
1015-Thankful to have the daily necessities that we were reminded of, are blessings, and not everyone's normal take for  granted things
1016-Thankful for smells that might not be so pleasant but are helpful reminders that we are living a blessed life. {For example, you ever stand by someone who reeks of dirt, filth and urine? Yet they are smiling... such a happy outside, and would love clean fresh clothes, but can't afford them.. the smiles make the smells go away... but I appreciate the smells. I am one who smells everything and Love love love love all things scented...so to smell their real life... brings me a pained joy. A joy that they are real enough to be who they are. A pained joy because I am spoiled beyond measure and my heart aches for more! The Lord is chiseling that big flaw out of me, little by little. To be content.}
1017- Thankful that  my mom made it to Florida safely.
1018- Thankful that we are able to surprise her, this weekend when she returns, with a spotless "new" office!! It was my labor of love yesterday, and was a beautiful thing to look at my dad's pretty amazing library! We are excited to dive into some new reads, and was so special to read  the insides of so many of his books, that were gifts from his dad and other special friends and family. {Computer, please don't take all the paper books away! There is something oh so special about a "real" book with someones hand written lovely note }
1019- Thankful to smell that amazing wintery fresh fir tree smell each time we sit in the living room.
1020- Thankful that the boys had a fabulous bucket list football game on Sunday! Lambeau Field! Pats lost,but the memories are kept and so special.


XO



































No comments:

Post a Comment