Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Merry Merry Multitude Monday


Merry Merry Monday ya'll! {#1020-1030}

*Thankful this week for cookie dough. Dustin bought an insane amount from our Christian home school friends, and since freezer space in *gasp* 3 freezers, is a hot commodity, we better cook the dough & of course EAT IT!. Yum. #Skinnyjeansarenotinmyfuture.

*Thankful for antibacterial squirters from Bath and Body.  Harrison & Hannah have nasty colds and runny noses. Nice to be able to smell like buttercream and apple, after each germ encounter.

*Thankful for Christmas cards and letters arriving each day in the mail.

*Thankful for a time to write & reflect.... Dusty and I wrote my mom's letter... she is away, so when comes home, we will see what tweaking will be done. Such a great family activity. Such a wonderful way to recount our blessings as a whole family unit.

*Thankful for kamilla, thankful she brought over a serious a Polish spread so we could stuff our faces as tom Brady led the pats to victory!!!

*Thankful for the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ and for Mary's awesome example of a wonderful mom...humble... loving... slow to speak.... Matt & I were reflecting today, that Mary didn't go & brag about the awesome things her son, the Lord did. So not like me! If my son healed someone, I would be the first to beam about it and broadcast! I'm thankful for Mary's good example and  I hope in 2015 to do a study on different Moms in the bible. I am needing some mom encouragement. The days are long but the years are short. Heard that somewhere... pintrest maybe? True. So True. Need to repeat each moment... especially during emotional sibling meltdowns.

*Thankful this week that Walmart sells BeeBee guns

*Thankful that my hubby is brave enough to stalk Mr Fatso Squirrel who created a nest above our bedroom..( it's super romantic and soothing to hear scurrying feet all hours of the night ...yuck!!)...when that was destroyed & he was blocked out of his entrance hole that we discovered by a corner of our window... in the brand new roof (sigh)... (he chewed THRU that wood that blocked him!) and he is back... but not for long!!

*Thankful for funny family moments trying to attract Fatso Squirrel. So far we have thrown peanut butter on a cookie up on the roof- and it stuck.. we are excited for rain tomorrow to wash it off - oops!-... and have filled the back yard with peanuts, caramel corn & pecans. Today all of that was gone. More is out, and of course no Fatso to be seen. Fatso will be a legacy. But I love that harrisons fave part of our weekend, was time with dad- hunting fatso. Beautiful.

* Thankful to have subbed for an in school suspension class- I love eye openers. I love my comfort zone, but 2014 is my year to bust outta that... and I did... Diane called for me to sub in Jr High (Eww!! I love the cutie kids, like kinder-3rd grade...but 6th-8th!? Scary!! But sure, I'm so there!)
 2 kids. just me and 2 kids. 2 kids who made it feel like 30. After finding out about each one, their hearts shone. Broke my heart to hear their life stories. To hear about the broken homes. To hear about the lack of love. How  they dislike their parents and  their siblings...with a passion. Where is the love? How can these kids use such words to describe the people that are supposed to love them and be their greatest advocates? Where is God? He is here! Always ready to reach out to the lost world- if only they would let Him in! That brokenness isn't going to instantly dissappear - but they would have Hope. Such a wonder....to have Hope. Forget passing 6th grade. {So far that one boy had all F's, except in PE and Choir}. Forget passing school in general. Move past that.... to a greater need...the Hope for what happens after life... how can we preach to these kids?! Pray that there will be some way to reach out to schools and hit the hundreds of teens who need Hope... Highlight moment was instead of listening to christmas songs ( my idea of bribery if they worked) thd boy chsnged it to...3rd day....he's like I know u like this song... I sooo totally did -! #outreachdriven #spreadHislove #theyneedhope



Enjoy this 8th day of Advent!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment