Tuesday, December 8, 2020

12.7.2020

Thankful for another fun and festive week. 
This post was dated yesterday and started yesterday but we all know Mondays... during Covid especially.. and I just couldn't miss a workout or the billioneth Grinch viewing. #priorities 

Thankful for random supper ideas.. the Mickey waffle idea was one of those not so practical ideas that makes a veryyy simple supper feel like we're at Aulani in Hawaii... 
And we called them Grinchy Mickeys and this guys night was made. His simple joys are everything.
Thankful for this heap. The laundry jungle is always intense, but I do remember days in Hawaii where I would have to hang dry EVERY single item. SO.... today- this dry and soft heap, reminds me of my dryer. Hooray for these appliances! And that amazing bedding. Every single day I rejoice in that purchase. 
Thankful for a hubby that can read minds. Thursday afternoon he texted me right after work ( yes he is only in the kitchen but we still text!) and was like pack your bag we leave in 30 minutes. Guys, I am NOT a surprise lover AT ALL. I have kids to plan for, I have a house to whip together to appear that it's always spotless😂  I need time!? BUT... he whisked me away.. and the 1st stop was the spa!? Umm hello!! Forget not loving surprises... sign me up for ALL of these kinda surprises! The last facial I had, was on August 1, 2003 when Matt got me all pampered for the big proposal night... in the boonies of Madawaska Maine! 
Then we drove up & down Scottsdale Road looking for the right vibe and right menu.. we loved our choice of Loco Patron.. outdoor patio, fun crowd & gluten free! Just perfect. 
Then we get to the hotel ( Hotel Valley Ho ) Please stay there some time! So retro and fun! 
The lights this time of year.. 
Thankful for our little eater! She loves trying new foods and we are seeing we need more baby dishes!

Thankful for this sauce! BEST fish taco sauce in the history of ever.
Thankful for some outdoor walk time with some good tunes!


Thankful for a special date with Hannah Banana 
Dry Bar is always a fun date!





Thankful for Harrison making fun verse images to share! 
Thankful for kind friends, who hosted a mega Christmas Candyland Party! We have been excited since November! Here we go! 
I saw over 200 Yes RSVPs... Covid spikes are high.. we were wondering.. we knew our family would be masked so that semi helped.. and then we pull up... yeah I think the outdoor social distance thing looks really good... CDC approved.

















Thankful for our extra small church gathering and the ability to meet in person. 
And for adorable Christmas dresses courtesy of Hissyfits
And older siblings that man the nursery so we can all worship without hearing "Come??' Commme??' Lulus favorite new word... or "Oh Wow Oh Wow" all morning. 💗

Annnnd of course the Union isn't happy by the current goings on with Chicago Public Schools...and so we wait and enjoy some warmth and southwest sun during these tricky times.
*Countdown to Christmas Break is officially in the single digits* 


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Matt for such a fun surprise getaway!❤️ I'm 100% with you on surprises...but that one sounded pretty amazing.
    Also, that Christmas candyland extravaganza looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete