Monday, April 7, 2014

Thankful Thoughts: Monday 4-7

660- Thankful that Hudson's surgery went very well. Thankful that his recovery seems painless. The Dr prepared me for the worst, so my mind was not even able to comprehend how or what Hudbud could eat etc- but to God be the Glory- GREAT things He has done!


PS that wagon is adorable right? it's the top wish list item for Hannah's 4th bday :)


661- Thankful for friends and family who were taking care of Harrison & Hannah during the hospital time.

662- Thankful for Harrison's baseball adventures! This is a new sport for him, but he is  giving it 100%. The coach saw him at practice Thursday, and told Matt that Harrison should go home because he was scared of the ball, during batting practice, and he didn't want Harrison injured. Thankfully Harrison impressed him with his amazing arm and catching abilities, and is now one of the team's pitchers. Pray that Harrison will be brave during the games. Not sure I would be comfortable with a 9 year old whipping pitching a baseball at my face either? :)

663- Thankful for Whole Foods Chicken Noodle Soup

664- Thankful for a husband who loves to cook. Although he is still very weak and pretty sick from mono, he cooked up some amazing healthy chinese-ish food! Yay for an already cooked meal tonight.

665- Thankful for real spring days. Living in Arizona for all our kid's lives, we never got to be excited over the little stems that poke up or all the robins flying around. Seeing Spring happen is really cool!!Seeing Spring in the eyes of Hannah is really cool .... & loud :) She truly embraces "making a joyful noise".

666- Thankful for the "I'd Love To" Jar. Inspired by pintrest.  This is for our whole house- not just kids. We all need reminders to answer in kindness and it's really nice hearing "I'd love to" in response to the mundane activities. Pom pom's to the top = a special treat out all together.

667- Thankful to watch the Lord provide in simple ways.

668- Thankful for our cool new kitchen gadget! Matt ordered us a Ninja blender, in hopes of creating our own Jamba Juice drinks.It is really cool & not as noisy as our other glass blender. We add chia seeds to our drinks & feel healthy :) The kids LOVE the smoothies too- main goal- and we are hoping to hide more veggies in their drinks, Genius huh?

669- Thankful for the beginning days of yard sales. Had a fun mom daughter date with my mom at a local church rummage sale. Full of junk, but I did score 4 pair of shoes for Hannah, each a buck. One of  those shoes were BRAND NEW TOMS. Yes -that made my morning!! I will ebay those however. & this amazing toy! 75 cents!! Saw it brand new at Target - 24.99. Hudson has new pal. It is so so so cute to see him interact with the toy- while he can- Hannah is equally as entertained.

670- Thankful for Pandora- I know I have been  thankful for this amazing app/radio program before- but it's really cool to have the "B-I-B-L-E station" on while we drop Harrison off for school- we can jam out to kids praise songs for 5 minutes. When I know that's how he starts his day, it makes me smile. We are learning how hard it is to "not fit in". He has friends in the neighborhood now, yay and nay. Its great to be social. Its not great when these kids' parents don't parent. It's  hard to be the only 8  year old with a helmet during bike rides. Its hard to hear words like "stupid" and "jerk" (although I am glad that's the extent of the naughty words ...for now). It's hard to have to stop playing and come in and get ready for church. It's hard not to play violent video games. The saying " everyone else is doing it" has been said OFTEN lately, and we are sooo over it. But I get it. I too didnt fit in. I too had to stop playing on meeting days to nap after school- in broad daylight- prime play time time! But life goes on & today...20 years later, I am THANKFUL for that upbringing & I know Harrison will be thankful later on too :) After playtime with his pals, I asked him what he enjoyed. I love love love picking his brain. He  told me that their grandpa is mean ( he isn't- but just isn't super patient), and that he doesn't fit in. I asked him why- he's like "they are all catholic ( no clue if he knows what this religion is about?). They don't believe in God. They say bad words." I told him- GOOD- you should NOT fit in. If you did fit in, something is seriously wrong. Not sure if that was the right time to do a little "you are not of this world" sermon, but I did , and he just stared at me, and I think it sunk in. He is in 3rd grade. The sooner he understands that he will not fit in, the better ( I think??).  Please pray for us as we parent our children in a world that is losing the respect for Christ & for Godly characteristics.



No comments:

Post a Comment