Sunday, September 13, 2020

Madeira Week 1 2020




Good thing there's spell check. I misspell Madeira literally every time. I before E except after C. Goodness. 

We made it to Madeira. When you see only 80 miles on the GPS, after a 30 hour drive the week before, it feels like nothing! We were blessed by safe travels and a handsome chauffeur. Matt is the driver and I thankfully get to be DJ, Cop patrol and sibling squad director. I love it. Very thankful he does the hard part! 

We get to my mom's place and the familiar smells just wash over us. Not sure if its the salty air mixed with the cleaning stuff or what but the condo smells the same literally every time. And I love it. I crave the comforts of "home" and this condo feels like our 2nd home. I also love thinking of my dad in here and knowing he had his last few days beachside before he passed. (My mom was in FL working on the condo kitchen project when he passed, yes he was in IL, but he had literally just gotten back & like my cousin said, because my dad was so tan in the coffin, "he is the healthiest looking dead person I've ever seen". Ok I digress... but here is where the waves hit and the memories flood and the good times roll and I love that we're here. Love. Mom if you read this THANK YOU XOXO

And as a a rental plug I now manage ( or try to!) the VRBO lisiting for Seaview 204, it's in the "update" process now! If you ever need a place that sleeps 8-10, lmk! 

My mom takes great pride in her decorations and we loved seeing the updates since we were here last year. This is Hannah and Hudson's space. 


Harrison's space. ( Updates coming to this room)

The view. 2nd floor, just high enough where you don't hear too much pool noise but low enough for the people freaked by heights ( cough cough us ) 
We updated the patio chairs last year and although I miss big rocker style chairs, I love that 8 can fit here and the chairs are light and easy to clean. 
The sunsets and skies are hard to beat !


This was how we felt on Friday, after carefully walking every parent and child through Google Classroom each single day. We have a great mix of live & independent time, yet somehow they miss the memo that literally it's all on there. 
This cool sand structure welcomed! 
Beach buds.
Shell searcher
Sister squad. 
Lulu met the beach and she was not a fan. But we have great hope she will change her mind. 
(Seaview got a new look! Updated white and tan and blue accents! Looks so fresh!)



The literal face palm. Lulu Lulu Lulu. 
Rescue me please!

Oops I fell and then I touched my face and now my paci tastes gross and my lip is still so cute. 

When the lost and found bucket is the perfect accessory.
All the hearts.

The Fab 4.





Thoughts for today, from Psalms. 
Psalm 76 AMP version
Vs 4: You ( God) are glorious and resplendent. More majestic than the mountains of prey. 
Vs 12 ... He ( God) is awesome and feared by the kings of the earth. 
Psalm 77 AMP version
Vs 1: My voice rises to God and I will cry aloud; My voice rises to God and He will hear me.
Vs 12: ( Goal of today!) I will meditate on all Your works and thoughtfully consider all Your {great and wondrous} deeds. 
Vs 14: You are the {awesome} God who works {powerful} wonders. 
Enjoy this tune as you meditate,  XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment