Monday, August 26, 2019

Awesome August: Part 2

Happy Multitude Monday!

Thankful for our back to school groove... for the ability to ease into it... I love & am thankful that Hudson & Hannah began midweek, so they could enjoy a few days, then take a break again. I also love that they start before CPS does. The moments I can participate in the mundane mom stuff, I am ALL FOR! Walking to school, writing Knock Knock jokes on napkins, combing hair and checking those pearly whites for minty freshness! (Sorry teachers, after this week there is just no guarentee on hair styles or breath smells! 😛)
Thankful that I extended my maternity leave ... just by 4 days... but today instead of being in data meetings and ice breakers galore... I am in my neon PINK outfit, no makeup, messy bun, laminating and printing all the things while Lulu snoozes next to me, with that adorable kissy lip face.











One last date before school starts! Zoo time!







 Lulu- ready to tackle the 2 month shots! Little chicky is 11 pounds!
 Thankful for how Harrison handles "stuff"... he didn't make the soccer team... he thought about joining football, since no tryouts needed, but then changed his mind. I think he was over the LONG day at school ( 7am bus to school- 6pm bus home... YUCK right!?) Rather would go to Lifetime with us, and help the littles with soccer! We are loving having him around more!
Thankful that he joined Matt at PGM. Such a good place to visit to gain a little perspective.
 The night before 1st grade!
 And here they go!
 Thankful for these two and the bond they have.


 Thankful that the day they go back... landed on our 15 year anniversary!
Also very thankful that the cemetary where my dad is buried is on our way to the gym, and today I had to go in. Reflecting back to our beautiful, yet HOT, wedding day... when my last words to my dad as we would begin that walk down the isle... "Smile with your teeth Dad" ( you know those closed lip smiles? Yeah I was over that haha, so for some reason I was extra bridezilla about the smiles! Yikes!) Insert all the tears and all the hearts, that no doubt he is smiling with ALL his teeth today... from blissful Paradise... so very loved and so very missed. And his last line of his wedding speech... Alison, you're like Gretel, always leaving trails behind you, well I'm glad you left your flip flops by the back door, that means you have to come back home to get them. Oh Dad you nailed it.


 And then off to Lifetime we went!

 And then to sushi...









 And then to pickup
 Thankful for fun 1st Day of School cookies & for crumbs flying out of mouths as they tried to relive every moment! It's going to be a GREAT year... lots of changes for Hudson, but he is ready for this & we are so proud of his progress!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lulu...😍😍😍 Loved reading the sweetness with your dad from your wedding day. 💗
    Glad Hannah and Hudson had a great first day! I love listening to their exciting recaps after that first day- I always wish I had recorded it so I can listen to it when they're big and I no longer have a "first day of school". 😩

    ReplyDelete