Monday, October 15, 2018

10.15.18

Thankful for this love bug. How angelic,
Thankful for our fast Cross Country team! Coaching this year was harder than before, just with the adjustment of commuting again and whatevs... but the season was super short, and now the memories and time spent with the teens makes my heart happy... they raced on the coldest day yet, and our bus was 30 minutes LATE at pickup, so they were tired frozen and starving, but they are now done and had such a great short season!

Look closely! There's a whole flock of runners in those trees!
Thankful for an early Trunk or Treat event! It gave us a practice run for how truly unprepared for fall we are! Chasing Fireflies has the cutest costumes, and we loved looking and looking and looking! We settled on this beaut and she loved it! Isn't that headband so fun!?


Thankful for sunny days and a great trail by our house! The trail looped us to these stairs. An old toboggan run turned into a stair workout!


Thankful for sharing in the joys of teaching the littles again at Sunday School.
Songs have been on my heart and the fact that the tunes can stick with us all day every day, sometimes better than a story can! So we have been working on Sunday School songs on the weeks I teach and linking them to the Gospel, which is so easily done! This week was This Little Light of Mine, and our L snack and Glow Stick time!
And fangs :)


Thankful for Sunday nap time.
Thankful for Sherri and Craig and their love to support Matt & my classrooms with da food! YUM!


Thankful for Wisdom Hunters and their great devotions!


As a follower of Jesus, I know in my head I am to perpetually forgive, but this truth does not always migrate to my heart. It is a struggle to be patient with, much less pardon, those who are reckless with their words and angry in their attitude. My heartfelt forgiveness does not catch up with my head knowledge until I truly take to heart the depth and breadth of God’s forgiveness. “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace” (Ephesians 1:7).

1 comment:

  1. Hannah's costume is just gorgeous! 🦋 That trail by your house is so perfectly fall....I love it! What a great idea for your Sunday school lessons...songs are such an amazing way for kids to learn!

    ReplyDelete