Monday, August 7, 2017

8.7.17

Thankful for having wifi now to upload a few photos :)
Below are a few oldies, from our last Sunday in New Lenox.









-----------
Hawaii Memories
We have made so many fun memories here! We love sight seeing and being tourists. Our fave beach is still Koolina, but we went to Wakiki this Saturday, and adored every minute of it! We found a perfect little calm area, rented an umbrella and Matty picked the life guards brain on all the currents, waves, rip tides, and best beaches to visit! It was so cool! We even managed to snag a parking spot in the shade too! #score!
We loved having a few days before I began work to explore our gorgeous new home. We are still adjusting to being 5-6 hours ahead/behind our families but we are working on connecting better. 



 That crack tho ;)

 Green gecko numero uno, minus his tail, returned to our home, only to get smashed by a broom... arriving in Hannah's room at bedtime made for quite a vocal show ... #yikes #RIPGeicoGecko

 Our 1st North Shore dining was beyond delish. The fresh ahi out here is AHMAZING!






 We watched the fisher men reel the guy above in for 26 minutes!!! What a catch!!!

Early morning beach breakfast 


My faves out touring while I began work

 Our Sing pic
( I know I mentioned how amazing it was, in my last week blog & here's the matching photo )
Thank you Cam for capturing Matt in action! 



This is Day 1 of our Hawaii School year. 8.7.17. We have our 1st holiday in 8 days, but who's counting ;) 
Please pray for my new principal Miss Lee, her mom passed away suddenly last week.

Thankful for Harrison's teachers. The orientation last week was awesome! The teachers seem super legit and dedicated. Why that surprises me, I'm not sure? But when you hear rumors on how "rough" certain places are, and then you feel nothing but warmth and kindness from those "rough" areas. we are just thankful for God going ahead of us and sorting all the details out.... 
Thankful that Hannah and Hudson had a great 1st day at Maili with me. 
I have Hudson's teacher's son in my class, so we swap son's at the end of the day, knowing we both hold each other's precious possession #collateral. 
1st grade connects often with Hannah in 2nd grade- at recesses ( yes plural!!) and lunch! So we are excited! 
Much love and thanks for the prayers prayed



No comments:

Post a Comment