Monday, May 19, 2014

Multitude Monday Strikes Again!




Thankful this week....
*That my mom arrived home safely after another road trip to FL

*that my father in law selflessly gave up his day off to pack a trailer full of our AZ belongings

*that our friend from AZ is driving that trailer to us...this week!!!!! Seriously, so so selfless- he is a dad and hubby, and is so thoughtful to take time away from family to help us. Awesome life lessons learned through others. I love our family & friends!

*that Harrison was a testimony to his baseball team last night... normally no Sunday games, but since our awesome gross weather rained out Thursday's game, the make up was yesterday afternoon. Matt was preaching, so he didn't come to any of it... my mom and I had the kids, and we watched the first 4 innings... Harrison's coach told me already that it was no biggie to miss because God comes 1st. Then one of the kids in the dug out said that "God is most important"- when Harrison told him why he was leaving early, and the side line coach agreed and smiled & said "that's right, God comes 1st". Wow. Such a wonderful group of people.

*that this is my 1st official school free week! My capstone paper was turned in last Wednesday, and so today is Monday, normally homework is due, and I can delete GCU from my favorites :) WAHOO! :)
**Disclaimer- I really enjoyed my educational journey, and I HIGHLY recommend GCU's online program to ANYONE, but the last class was brutal, especially since I already walked in the graduation ceremony so my momentum was zapped & the professor was SUPER HARD CORE!!**

*that my dad's awesome cousin whipped up 3 beyond delish fruit cheese braid bread thingies- think homemade breakfast danish - then times that by a million- soo moist & fresh & gooey!!


*that I have more time to do random acts of kindness. I found a cool DIY page for painting a plate, and then filling  that plate with goodies, and asking them to repeat and pass it on... yay for Dollar Store plates, Michael's Coupons & time :)

*that our kids love each other, they really do, although it does appear questionable sometimes. Listening to them discuss their dreams & nightmares from last night, over cereal this morning was beautiful. Hannah's admiration for Harrison is so sweet to see. Her blue eyes were very big and focused on his story about the lizard that turned into a dog, that chased Hannah, but of course Harrison fought the dog -lizard off, and rescued Hannah. Imagination & love combined.


 Harrison & his bestie, Ethan


 The Class ( she has 17 students, seriously so so lucky :)) And isn't she adorable?! Such a fun 3rd grade experience!!
* for a fun, yet rainy field trip with my Big H... I love seeing how he interacts with his friends. I loved the trolley ride and the guide's explanations of everything, prob more than the kids, but the best part was Harrison's buddy. His teacher assigned him to a kid in the class, that was not Harrison's favorite pal, to put it nicely ;). Harrison's face told me that when I saw him. But no time for that, have to love and move on. So he did. It took a little while- but they had fun on the bus together. I love pulling info out of people ... and I did :) The buddy seemed to have a rough home life. Broke my heart. He is raised by Grandma, mom and dad work full time, every day- even weekends. He is the oldest of 3 kids, and it did not sound like he thought highly of his siblings :( He kept asking if he could come over, or come show us how to fish, or come play etc. Then out of the blue, verbatim, he says " My mom is not an active mom, she works all the time". Heart broken in half. I told him that she IS an active mom and she needs to work etc etc etc ... but then the light bulb moment for Harrison after school- the kids who need love the most are the hardest to love- but oh how that buddy needs love! He lacks social skills, he is very in your face, has no idea about "personal bubbles", and is very touchy feeling and very inappropriate with what he talks about. Scary that our kids are with kids like that- but moving past that- he does not know any better....no one takes the time to be that example of what "normal" looks like.. so pray for Harrison to be a good friend, even to the most annoying kids... our hearts are full of love and thankfulness because that was us- but God showed us His love, even when we were most unlovable... crazy the REAL life chances to show love... look around you too, I know there are those that need love more than anything, and you can be that listening ear, that hug, that smile... sometimes it only takes a smile... 

*that our worship yesterday was literally in Heaven. Amazing how someone else's heartache & trials, can make their worship so so real and emotional. It showed us our friend ( who prayed) his direct link with God. Some people can pray and it sounds robotic and mechanical- "vain repetitions"- but yesterday - the best part were in the silent moments. His heart was poured out. Our hearts poured out as he literally was just talking to his Heavenly Father. Such beauty in the simple times with God.  The distractions were gone & Heaven filled our gathering. Matt & I have never had that experience publicly, ever, and we are thankful so thankful for yesterday's morning.

Another week is here, one week+ left of May! Make it awesome :)
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment